This post is a little follow up on my previous post “This nurses thoughts on nutrition.”
Learning about Nutrition sucked me in. I couldn’t just stop with one documentary and TED talk. I’ve watched almost every documentary I could find on the benefits of a plant based diet, and I even started reading “The Starch Solution.” I am hooked. Chad has been doing an awesome job with eating plant based 80% on the time (if not more!) and 20% indulging in meat products. I did that for about a month, and I found that I don’t really miss meat. Therefore I have been eating primary plant based meals. To be honest, I feel great! I feel like very light, healthy, and I have a ton of energy. Stayed tuned for more on our dietary adventures.
I wanted to share a couple plant based recipes that we have been loving. Most of them are low fat, high carb, and plant based.
A few Pro’s that we have noticed:
- Less preparation. We don’t have to defrost and marinate meat anymore.
- We can eat M O R E food. Plant based foods have high levels of nutrition but are not as calorically dense therefore we can eat mo’.
- We have become more conscious, and use less fat’s for cooking.
- We have so much fun cooking new meals and being creative with our meals.
- Limited options when we go out to eat. Eh. This is a minor con.